• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEPPER meetings in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

I saw that there was a DEPPER metting in San Diego last month. What is that and are they monthly?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

ryan77

These are meetings for people in the system waiting to go to OCS. Just a chance to go over info, take PRTs, etc. They occur monthly until May 2003 (take summers off) and the next one is this Saturday - we're going to the Miramar air show. They're going to take SNA/SNFOs to the pool this fall and practice the swim test. They just want to make sure their candidates succeed at OCS - they say everyone they've sent has been commissioned.

rhollin1

So, recruiters hold these meetings? Are they limited only to those that have already been accepted?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

ryan77

Yes the recruiters run the meetings. I think everyone there had an OCS date except a couple BDCP folks. It's really geared towards people waiting to class up - not prospective candidates.

aslam

ryan77, I am going to the Miramar Air Show on Sunday. Will you be there Sat or Sun? I am waiting to depart for OCS. My class starts Feb. 22, 2003. Do you have orders for OCS yet? If you're around we should meet. I'd be interested in meeting you or anyone else from the DEPPER meetings in San Diego.

ASLAM

ryan77

Hey Aslam, I'll be there on Saturday. Did you talk to your recruiter about getting into these meetings? I'd bet all it takes is a phone call. I live in Hollywood so we should carpool if you decide to go (are you in Redondo?).

They were talking about doing the PRT again in Nov as well as have a test on the stuff we're supposed to know before we arrive in Pensacola (Big 3 mostly). Not very fun stuff but probably beneficial. They were talking about scheduling other Navy-related activities over the next few months (check out a carrier, etc). If you're a prior it's probably old hat but I'm a newbie.

Right now, I'm scheduled to go to OCS in late summer so you'll be gone by the time I get there!

aslam

ryan77, I haven't talked to my recruiter about getting into the meetings. I would in interested in checking out the carrier though. I'm also a newbie.

I don't think it's going to be feasible to share a ride down to San Diego this weekend because my girlfriend and I are going a early to make a little vacation out of the it. I do live in Redondo Beach, though, so if you're up in Hollywood we should meet up sometime. Send me a private message so we can exchange info.

Talk to you soon,
ASLAM

Status
Not open for further replies.