• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Destroyer collides with Pleasure boat

Lawman

None
Jesus is it F'ing collision month or something? I dont even want to get in my car now.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Somewhere, someone who was on watch is in a LOT of trouble...I guess this explains why being a SWO is so fun...

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Riddle me this batman... If you are sitting there with a line out, enjoying the peace and serenity that is fishing, how in the hell do you not see/hear a NAVY destroyer steaming towards you?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
9145 Tons/509 feet long versus 10,000 pound/34 foot boat.

The law of gross tonnages applies here....little boat move out of the way.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Does the rule of three apply to boats, excuse me, ships as well?

Reminds me of NAV class in OCS. I called them 'boats', and our SWO teacher corrected me. I then called them 'vessels', then I got the fifth degree.

utak

I have two enlisted buddies on the Lassen, I wonder if they can divulge details to me.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I bet if they CAN divulge the info to you, their probably looking for another Military member to scuttlebutt. Sometimes when stuff like this happens, everyone is red faced waiting to get the word to squeel...within service, of course. Lest we FURTHER darken the black eye on our respective service.