• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Detailer/ FINSEL/ Order questions

ceetea90

Good Evening Everyone,

My situation:

As of right now, my class is schedule for 25 Sep on 9 June. My Ship is on deployment, and we are not expecting any port visit for a long period of time starting in August. My COC is trying to let me go by AUG 1st - the last port before the long underway. The PS is waiting for my order so they can have the funding.

Mr. Celestin advised me that I keep waiting and I will be contacted once all is final approved.

Anyone has been experiences with situation like this? Is there anyway that I can expedite the FINSEL letter and order? Mr. Celestin is a busy man, and I don't want to keep bothering him.

Thank you in advance!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A really small, but important question here:

Where is your chain of command involved in all of this? If not, that would be a solid start…

RhodesReese

I got picked up last November and I am also in the 25 Sep Course. I do not have a "FINSEL" letter, but if you periodically check NSIPS you can find your orders. I just got mine on June 6th. My N1 also said they cant do much with check out and what not until 60 days out so there is still time anyways.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Good Evening Everyone,

My situation:

As of right now, my class is schedule for 25 Sep on 9 June. My Ship is on deployment, and we are not expecting any port visit for a long period of time starting in August. My COC is trying to let me go by AUG 1st - the last port before the long underway. The PS is waiting for my order so they can have the funding.

Mr. Celestin advised me that I keep waiting and I will be contacted once all is final approved.

Anyone has been experiences with situation like this? Is there anyway that I can expedite the FINSEL letter and order? Mr. Celestin is a busy man, and I don't want to keep bothering him.

Thank you in advance!
Idk about expediting but if it’s in progress you shoul be fine. I’m also in the sept 25 class, I’m on the roster as well and don’t have a final select letter. The email I received it would take 30-45 days from the request date to release me to ocs, so I should expect mine no later by the end of the month. Your COC should know all about this. i would speak with them. im on shore duty so i dont have that issue

jdmurray

Good morning all,

I’ve come here for the same reasoning. It’s been about a month since Mr. Celestine reached out to my XO & I & said from his next email I should expect 30-45 days to get my orders. My XO allowed transfer for the Nov. 26th class & November is the month Mr. Celestine confirmed for. My worries are the same as first posted. I go on deployment at the end of this month, scheduled to detach from my ship in October pending orders. What is the likelihood I get those said orders for the class date I want, I know quotas are a thing & from what I’ve heard they’re not out yet. Do you all know if priors take precedent? I know nothing of this process from this point on & I doubt my CoC does either.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Good morning all,

I’ve come here for the same reasoning. It’s been about a month since Mr. Celestine reached out to my XO & I & said from his next email I should expect 30-45 days to get my orders. My XO allowed transfer for the Nov. 26th class & November is the month Mr. Celestine confirmed for. My worries are the same as first posted. I go on deployment at the end of this month, scheduled to detach from my ship in October pending orders. What is the likelihood I get those said orders for the class date I want, I know quotas are a thing & from what I’ve heard they’re not out yet. Do you all know if priors take precedent? I know nothing of this process from this point on & I doubt my CoC does either.
I’d imagine it would work the same way if you transferring to another command because you essentially transferring to another command. I’m in my window transfer already and already have regular orders to return back to the point, but I’m still awaiting my finsel select letter to go to ocs.

If I were you I would just be in direct communication with you coc and xo about it. From that email date you should get your orders soon. Some have gotten there’s sooner because they sent the request sooner. Mine wasn’t sent until the 6/23 so I have until the end of the month to set up move etc. it’s a little different from me, but my hq has their own tracker and already has arrangements in order to leave. I already did a turn ofpver with the current lpo, had route a 1306 to cancel my current orders. It’s just a waiting game. You should be fine

jdmurray

I’d imagine it would work the same way if you transferring to another command because you essentially transferring to another command. I’m in my window transfer already and already have regular orders to return back to the point, but I’m still awaiting my finsel select letter to go to ocs.

If I were you I would just be in direct communication with you coc and xo about it. From that email date you should get your orders soon. Some have gotten there’s sooner because they sent the request sooner. Mine wasn’t sent until the 6/23 so I have until the end of the month to set up move etc. it’s a little different from me, but my hq has their own tracker and already has arrangements in order to leave. I already did a turn ofpver with the current lpo, had route a 1306 to cancel my current orders. It’s just a waiting game. You should be fine
I’m nowhere in my window to transfer ?. I’ve only been in 2yrs. It’s either OCS or deployment for me. I think my request was sent in the first week of June. Logically I was banking on hearing back latest in August, & going from there. It’s just the quotas for class sizes has me wary & the possibility of getting in that exact class date has me a bit on the fence. As you mentioned a lot of people got there’s sooner. I’ve never been one for the good ole hurry up and wait, enough to drive anyone a bit stir crazy.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I’m nowhere in my window to transfer ?. I’ve only been in 2yrs. It’s either OCS or deployment for me. I think my request was sent in the first week of June. Logically I was banking on hearing back latest in August, & going from there. It’s just the quotas for class sizes has me wary & the possibility of getting in that exact class date has me a bit on the fence. As you mentioned a lot of people got there’s sooner. I’ve never been one for the good ole hurry up and wait, enough to drive anyone a bit stir crazy.
There are slots available still for September and aug and oct. I think you will be fine. Once you are classified as a perspective gain your orders will follow suit. There are some people who don’t get their final sel until a week before they ship sometimes. I’ve only seen civilian applicants on that case however

jdmurray

That gives me a lot of relief! I wanted to come here first before bugging Mr. Celestine, I can only imagine his work load. Thank you for the reply, & timely reply at that!

ceetea90

A really small, but important question here:

Where is your chain of command involved in all of this? If not, that would be a solid start…
My Dept. Head email Mr. Celestin 2 days ago asking what he needs to write my order. Hopefully I will hear from him soon. According to my COC, everything is set for me. As soon as I receive the order, I can start checking out and fly out. However, if it comes after we leave port, I will se what will happen.

ceetea90

Good morning all,

I’ve come here for the same reasoning. It’s been about a month since Mr. Celestine reached out to my XO & I & said from his next email I should expect 30-45 days to get my orders.
I got the same email, and I am confused about this, too. I asked him if the 30-45 days starting from that email, or start from the "next" one, which I haven't received yet, but I didn't get the answer.

ceetea90

Idk about expediting but if it’s in progress you shoul be fine. I’m also in the sept 25 class, I’m on the roster as well and don’t have a final select letter. The email I received it would take 30-45 days from the request date to release me to ocs, so I should expect mine no later by the end of the month. Your COC should know all about this. i would speak with them. im on shore duty so i dont have that issue
If I am on shore duty, or at least in-port, I wouldn't be worry about it. However, due to the extended underway with no port call, I do not want to miss this last class of FY22, then have to wait for FY23 classes.
As long as I dot my order, I can have the funding to fly out. Then, I can be in TPU/ Beach DET and wait for the FINSEL.

exNavyOffRec

If I am on shore duty, or at least in-port, I wouldn't be worry about it. However, due to the extended underway with no port call, I do not want to miss this last class of FY22, then have to wait for FY23 classes.
As long as I dot my order, I can have the funding to fly out. Then, I can be in TPU/ Beach DET and wait for the FINSEL.
FY 22 has passed for those that already aren't in OCS, you will be an FY 23 officer accession since the classes that start in July grad after Oct 1st (except those that start in the 1st week of July).

ceetea90

FY 22 has passed for those that already aren't in OCS, you will be an FY 23 officer accession since the classes that start in July grad after Oct 1st (except those that start in the 1st week of July).
Thank you for the verification. I mean I want to finish with OCS within this year. I am still waiting on Mr. Celestin respond to me Dept. Head's email.