• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deviated Septum

ljm9304

I broke my nose as a kid and I have a deviated septum. I plan on getting it fixed, the doctor basically puts you to sleep and rebreaks your nose and resets it. Is a deviated septum ground for NPQ, and if its not should I even have the sugery. I am just about to start college so I have plenty of time to recover.
I am a SNA or SEAL hopefull

Thanks

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I doubt it's a problem, but i'm not 100% sure. I know that your roommate(s) will most likely hate you though.

ljm9304

naw haha it doenst cause me any abnormal breathing or snorting like that one dude in Heavyweights, thank god...but it is deviated

pdx

HSM Pilot
From your comment, I'm assuming you already read the waiver guide.

http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/index.htm

I actually know a little about this, as a buddy of mine had a deviated septum (no waiver required). They could care less about the actual deviated septum, but they do care a lot about your sinuses. Specifically, any risk of barotrauma (pressure equalization injury) could be disqualifying. If you can freely equalize your sinuses, you shouldn't have a problem.