• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DHL A-300 shot at and hit..

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I just ran across this and thought it was worthy of posting. I did a search and didn't see that it had been posted yet. Back in 2003, a DHL A-300 taking off out of Baghdad was hit by ground fire, damaged severely, but the crew meraculously managed to crash land saving themselves. Check it out.

We actually did a case study of this in my Intro to aviation class when we were going over CRM. Very ballsy what those pilots did, the fact that they didn't give in to the situation and safely landed the plane showed some serious guts.

+1 for posting.

yak52driver

Contributor
Impressive flying by the crew. Similar to the DC-10 that crashed in Iowa in 1989 in that neither had flight control surfaces and both had to use thrust to fly. Much better outcome on this one as far as the landing goes. Thanks for the post!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
OK... so when I try to play the video, it goes to MySpace's "Congrats, you almost got phished and we just saved you" page.