• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DHS Veterans page

PJ81

FS SNA
Got this email today from my mother who works for DHS and thought it might interest some folks here.
November 10, 2009

Honoring Our Veterans

Dear Colleagues:

Tomorrow, our nation will honor the service and sacrifice of America ’s military veterans, including the tens of thousands of veterans who serve our country as members of the Department of Homeland Security.

The recent loss of seven of our men and women from the U.S. Coast Guard reminds us of the tremendous sacrifice those in uniform make every day for our Nation.

Veterans make up more than a quarter of our civilian workforce at DHS. In all, we have 47,000 veterans, including our Deputy Secretary, Jane Holl Lute, and key members of our senior leadership team.

Veterans directly contribute to our mission every single day: guarding against terrorism, securing our borders, enforcing immigration laws, building a more ready and resilient nation, and unifying and strengthening our operations.

Yesterday, I joined President Obama as he signed an Executive Order establishing the Veterans Employment Initiative to increase employment opportunities in the Federal Government and help recently hired veterans succeed in their jobs.

Engaging veterans and benefiting from their unique talents and experience remains one of my top priorities and it is our goal to employ 50,000 veterans at the Department by 2012.

To help us achieve that goal, today we are launching a new web site for veterans – www.dhs.gov/veterans – that will serve as a one-stop-shop for information about job opportunities for veterans, contracting with veteran-owned small businesses, and information about how veterans can get involved in their communities through efforts like Citizen Corps.

We want, and need, veterans to be part of the DHS family, because veterans and their skills, leadership and commitment to service remain critical to our mission.

Tomorrow on Veterans Day and every day throughout the year, please join me in thanking the Department’s veterans – and all veterans – for their service to our country.

Yours very truly,

Janet Napolitano
Secretary

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's nice, considering I'm waiting to hear from CBP on my "job outside". DHS has also been directed to load-shed 500+ employees by 2012.