• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Diabetes

ana.lopez

I would love to apply to be an Officer in the Navy. Specifically in the field of Information Warfare where my major in computer science and my minor in applied maths would be useful. I am 25 years old, female, and capable of running 1 mile in about 10 minutes and I swim just about everyday. I will be graduating in a little over a year from now and am interested in the Navy because my cousin were Officers before they retired and have wonderful stories about their experiences. The problem I have is that I have type II diabetes and although it is not advanced that I have to take more than 1 pill a day I have been told by one cousin that automatically disqualifies me from entering any service in any fashion. My other cousin insists that in doesn't matter as long as I meet the other requirements. Which of them is correct?

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Diabetes in any form is a disqualifier. I have a co-worker who developed type II while he was on active duty in the Marine Corps & he received a medical discharge as a result.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Consider NSA...DIA...ONI...CIA...as a civilian new hire.