• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Did ROTC for 1 day, do I have to disclose it?

My freshman year of college I signed up for AFROTC but due to Covid I ended up spending the semester at home. I dropped the class and that was that, I never filled any paperwork out (as far as I can remember) I was just enrolled in lead lab and dropped it before the semester actually started. Should I disclose this or will it probably not matter?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My freshman year of college I signed up for AFROTC but due to Covid I ended up spending the semester at home. I dropped the class and that was that, I never filled any paperwork out (as far as I can remember) I was just enrolled in lead lab and dropped it before the semester actually started. Should I disclose this or will it probably not matter?
That’s a great question for your Officer Recruiter. Why wouldn’t you disclose that you signed up? I think what the service really wants to know is if you were part of the ROTC and were forced out. You’ve done nothing wrong, so no need to hide it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Second the first response. What would be the intent of not disclosing it?

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I belonged to a reserve unit for all of one day (HML 771) Had a problem checking in. 6 months later I'm back on active duty and I get a letter from the Sgt Maj threatening me with office hours if I don't start making my drills. Go figure.

taxi1

pilot
The difference between doing ROTC for one day and being gay for one day is ROTC leaves you with a stigma.

Proud AOCS grad.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My freshman year of college I signed up for AFROTC but due to Covid I ended up spending the semester at home. I dropped the class and that was that, I never filled any paperwork out (as far as I can remember) I was just enrolled in lead lab and dropped it before the semester actually started.

So did you actually accept an AFROTC program or did you just enroll in a class? If it was just a class, I wouldn't (technically speaking) say you enrolled in ROTC. I can't remember if AFROTC has the equivalent of a college program, but if they do and you did that, I'm not sure I'd even say you enrolled in the program if you never accepted any money and never filled out the SF86.

So did you actually accept an AFROTC program or did you just enroll in a class? If it was just a class, I wouldn't (technically speaking) say you enrolled in ROTC. I can't remember if AFROTC has the equivalent of a college program, but if they do and you did that, I'm not sure I'd even say you enrolled in the program if you never accepted any money and never filled out the SF86.
No I was just enrolled in a class, never accepted anything. Never filled out sf86 or accepted money. Just put a class on my schedule and then dropped it 2 days later.

Mil3s

SNA Select
No I was just enrolled in a class, never accepted anything. Never filled out sf86 or accepted money. Just put a class on my schedule and then dropped it 2 days later.
I wouldn’t even mention it then, during my time in college a couple years ago our afrotc had classes you signed up to take just like any other college class, but you could sign up for them even if you weren’t in afrotc. The afrotc detachment didn’t consider you apart of it unless you went into the command and talked to them and became a part of the detachment and started doing pt, marching, signed some paper, and all of that stuff outside of that class. So I don’t think joining the class and then dropping it a day later would count imo.

It won't matter so I wouldn't stress at all.

I was in AFROTC for almost two years before I had to drop for medical reasons. I voluntarily brought it up, but being in ROTC was not an issue in the slightest. It might have been different if I was offered a scholarship or received any money from the AF, but I didn't.