• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Distinction between vision requirements for commissioning and programs leading to it

nombrescreeno

Hi all,

So I was looking through the MANMED documents for physical requirements and was looking through the part for vision. In it, they state that the vision requirements are in fact different for enlistment and commission and programs leading to a commission.

I was told by some that ROTC and the Academy would be considered programs leading to a commission, but here's where it got fuzzy: does going to OCS count under the enlistment and commission section, or is it also considered a program leading to commission? For that matter, do BDCP and NUPOC and so on count as a program leading to a commission?

I wouldn't be enrolling in any of those since I'm already a college graduate, so I wanted to see where I would fall under. This is because my diopters are within the limit for the former, but over the limit for the latter (+/-6.00 for programs leading to commission, +/-8.00 for enlistment and commission)

Thanks!

When I went to MEPS it was for officer and enlisted, everyone did the same stuff. One of my eyes was at -8.00 and the other was -9.00, the eye doctor said I only needed a waiver because of one eye, the other was right on the border. I wanted to go to OCS but he did not know that. I thought it was +/- 8.00 for everyone though.

I _think_ programs leading to a commission would be like BDCP and OCS would be a commission.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I wouldn't be enrolling in any of those since I'm already a college graduate, so I wanted to see where I would fall under. This is because my diopters are within the limit for the former, but over the limit for the latter (+/-6.00 for programs leading to commission, +/-8.00 for enlistment and commission)

I needed a waiver for my -9.00 diopters. If you're under the +/- 8.00 you should be fine for OCS.