• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DJETS? What is involved?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
wasting a lot of time... taking a couple classes on the basics of ejection seats... sitting in a stupid pneumatic ejection seat and practicing... getting issued some jet-related gear... 'bout it

all in all, it's pretty gay

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
is there any water stuff? for example, do we do the dilbert dunker or the helo dunker (again?)?

There is no dilbert dunker.

You do the parachute drag and helo hoist again, with the jet flight gear (torso harness and SV-2, I don't think they give you a G-suit for that survival stuff, though you are issued one).

saltpeter

The Dilbert Dunker has been relagated to extinction. Do they still give you the parchute ride behind the boat at P-Cola, Whee?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
kray1395 said:
don't wear your good flight boots on the first day. You get to practice PLF's in the gravel pit again.

That's either new or old, either way they didn't do that this spring when I went through it.

kray1395

You wanna know why I think they did it for us? The ejection seat trainer was not working when we were ready to use it and they had to call out some maintainers to get it working. In the meantime, instead of just letting us take an hour break, they decided to take us to the gravel pit. I was less than happy. It could be new though. Somebody who has gone through it recently, i.e. Gray, should let us know.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Usually. I had a classmate who went through AF Primary who (for whatever reason) didn't do it then (and had flown an ejection seat T-6 at Moody, so why bother anyway). He got TADed back to P-cola to do it.