• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do you get to keep SLRP going E to O?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I've read about prior enlisted using their MGIB later on in their careers after they've become an officer, but do enlisted sailors get to keep the benefit of the Student Loan Repayment Program if they commission? How does that work? What about their enlistment bonus?

JLockheed

Wanderer
I can't speak from an Active Duty or Navy point of view. But I have the SLRP from the Air National Guard and it specifically says that if I accept a commission I am no longer eligible to use the SLRP... When I enlisted I asked the very same question and was told "yeah, no problem. You can keep using it until you hit your ETS for that enlistment," and a few years later I got curious (was selected for a commission) and looked at the fine print.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I've read about prior enlisted using their MGIB later on in their careers after they've become an officer, but do enlisted sailors get to keep the benefit of the Student Loan Repayment Program if they commission? How does that work? What about their enlistment bonus?

I dunno about the SLRP stuff, but for your enlistment bonus, you'll get it if you finish the requirements in your contract. I.e., as a nuke if you take the enlistment bonus option, you would get that after you finish prototype. If you do finish it, you'll get the bonus, and you don't have to pay that back later on if you get picked up for an officer's program.