• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Doesn't Make Sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevincjr1

Okay,I applied for BDCP at the end of February... I was told this morning that I recieved a pilot slot, but I did not get selected for BDCP. This doesn't sound right to me cause I don't understand how I can get one but not the other. Can anyone please make sense of this if anyone knows about it.
thanx

Kevin

WFU2USN

I think it's because an OCS/Pilot spot are not contingent up on BDCP, but you have to be accepted for OCS to get BDCP. I think it's kind of like enlistment bonuses - some people get them, some do not. Doesn't seem quite fair though. :-

Shepherd

This is what I was talking about on a subject called BDCP under Miscellaneous. See, the Navy only gives so much money away. Once they are giving all that money out, you, I, and others that are applying are put on a list. When those that are recieving the money go to OCS, someone on the list gets bumped up. WFU2USN was right about OCS/Pilot Slot not being contingent upon BDCP but you have to be accepted for OCS to get BDCP. But once you've applied, your name is on the list. As soon as all the folks before you go to OCS you'll start getting money. If it sounds like a waiting game, it is. But hey, you got that pilot slot. Congratulations on that. Hope this helps.

A posteriori

aoconnor

Kevin, what is your major and GPA? I was told that they play a role, not the only role, but some. I was told that those with the highest GPA have the best chances, obviously. Also, those with majors, such as engineering, may have an edge as well.

-Adam

Ed Williams

your major has nothing to do with the bdcp selection. I went into the program with my friend from college. i was an education major with a 3.8 GPA i got the bdcp slot, my friend was a marketing major with a 3.2 GPA and he didn't get it, it all has to do with how competitive the pool for the money is.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.