• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drug use waiver question

cmquaker

My processor just told me that my application has been rejected by CNRC because I said in my application that I used marijuana in March 2006, and I need to wait a full year before they'll look at me.

The CNRC website (http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/noru/orojt/introduction.htm) says that you can get a waiver for marijuana use if you used it between 6 and 12 months ago, and no waiver is needed for more 12 months prior.

Am I reading the drug policy correctly? Shouldn't I qualify for a waiver? Is it possible CNRC made a mistake, or changed their policy?

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
@ Quaker......Dude. What exactly is an "Aviation Consultant?" Do you really get paid for said named job? Sorry I couldn't resist checking your profile.....Normally I never do that.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
While almost everything is "waiverable" policy is some waivers won't be given. Example, last I heard soft-contact lenses were waiverable for Navy pilot applicants, but policy was no new accessions will receive that waiver. So just because the waiver is available doesn't mean they like handing it out. Don't take it personally, they're not trying to mislead you or be lazy or anything, they're just giving it to you straight. If anything, take the few months off and prep more for OCS, I assure you you can't be overprepared.

egolnick

Drug use.

If someone theoretically tried marajuana once in high school about say three years ago...and that is the extent of this theoretical persons drug use...would this be waiverable?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If someone theoretically tried marajuana once in high school about say three years ago...and that is the extent of this theoretical persons drug use...would this be waiverable?

So you tried MJ back in high school? Yeah, probably waiverable seeing as I had friends in ROTC that got waivered for much more...

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor

That is potentially the worst cover-up I have ever seen. ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
hahaha...just covering my ass...

I had a buddy (No, not me. This is a real friend) get waivered for Ecstacy, LSD, Cocaine, and MJ. This was Marine side, and I couldn't believe he got waivered for it, but in the end, he made a real fine Marine officer (in my very limited experience estimation).