• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2/C-2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blutonski816

Okay, I saw a pic recently of an E-2 driver during his preflight walkaround. I noticed Koch fittings sticking out from his vest, so I got curious. I found other pics of E-2 guys and they all had Ejection Seat style harnesses.
Then I looked at pics of what the C-2 guys wear and saw no harness.

So after a failed attempt at googling the answer, I thought I'd ask here.

Why do E-2 guys wear harnesses and C-2 Guys don't?

My guess is that the E-2's smaller tube doesn't provide space to don a normal chute, where the C-2 does. Then again, that's why I had to ask.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E-2 guys hook into their parachutes (attached to the seat). Since it would be bad form for the pilots of a C-2 to wear parachutes (and the passengers without), we're not allowed to wear 'chutes unless we're on a functional check flight.

Reactions: E5B

H60Gunr

As a former COD guy, we never wore parachutes unless we were doing an FCF. Maybe the thought of having the passengers seeing the Crew Chief jump out while the plane is going down isn't such a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.