• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EAOS and PRD?

BackOrdered

Contributor
First off, I want to thank the site for all the support it has provided me over these 20 or so years. It is amazing that I started in the OCS gouge section in college, now I'm posting about retirement timing. It seems like yesterday.....

Anyway, my PRD is in November 2027, but my odometer rolls over to 20 years on exactly October 31 2026 (The beginning of FY27). Does that mean the earliest I can retire is that October 2026, or am I obliged to serve until the November 2027 PRD then GTFO? (All this doesn't take into account the wildcard of promotion).

Again, thanks for all the help and insight.

Meyerkord

pilot
MILPERSMAN 1810-020 is worth a read if you haven’t done so already. Since your retirement date doesn’t align with your PRD, you should submit your resignation request between 9-12 months before retiring. You shouldn’t have to go all the way to your PRD unless you have a reason you’d need to obliserv until then.

If you hit your 20 year mark on exactly October 31, then your earliest date to retire will be on November 1 (not because it’s 1 day after, but because retirement dates always happen on the first of the month)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
First off, I want to thank the site for all the support it has provided me over these 20 or so years. It is amazing that I started in the OCS gouge section in college, now I'm posting about retirement timing. It seems like yesterday.....

Anyway, my PRD is in November 2027, but my odometer rolls over to 20 years on exactly October 31 2026 (The beginning of FY27). Does that mean the earliest I can retire is that October 2026, or am I obliged to serve until the November 2027 PRD then GTFO? (All this doesn't take into account the wildcard of promotion).

Again, thanks for all the help and insight.

Short answer: Maybe.

Longer answer: Double check the instructions, linked below to see if you truly meet the criteria to retire around November 2027.

MyNavy HR Website: