• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ECP Questions

perotti17

Whats up Devil Dogs. I am looking for the 411 on how to go through the Enlisted Commisioning Program (ECP). I have been told by many Marines that I should look toward being a commisioned officer from my Drill Instructors, Sergeants Major, Officers, etc. I have a degree in engineering from a top ten engineering University and am currently in "student status" in the Marine Corps. I have a decent PFT (~250) and have been meritoriously promoted twice. Is there anybody out there going this route? I understand that the Squadron I'm going to deploys for 9 mo then stays for 3 mo etc... Me thinks I may %^cked in the application process. Any thoughts? Thanx. Semper Fi!

Crowbar

None
You're not screwed. Completely. As long as your chain of command (in the squadron) is willing to work with you. You can certainly ask the school about applying but in most cases they'll just blow you off since you won't be there too long.

Anyway, one application I submitted for MECEP was done right before a deployment, another one was done right before I moved across the country. So it can be done, just be prepared for it to be a little more headache than normal.

Also, if you haven't read the order and the MARADMIN (change 1 to MARADMIN), go ahead and give those a look. I didn't do ECP but I spent a few years dealing with education officers and commissioning programs so I'll try to help you out.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the application process for a lot of things has been modified or relaxed a little in light of all the current deployments. Still, the more you can get done before you leave the better.

perotti17

Thanks for the info Crowbar. I already have my app in progress. I have the flight physical on Wed. I heard this sucks, but I might get to miss field day because of it........