• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eglin IFS Gouge

tlevine

Just curious, a friend of mine who is just starting IFS at Eglin and too lazy to register on the forum is wondering if anyone has any information regarding the pace of completion there as well as any information on instructors (i.e. who to get/not get). I told him from what I have heard (I am at Destin finishing up IFS) that they complete very quickly there (a good instructor within 30 days).

JTD

I did IFS at eglin about two years ago, so I can't really speak to how things are running anymore, but I can tell you if there is an instructor still there named XXX XXXX, tell your buddy to do what he can to not get paired up with the guy.

tlevine

Big-head sends his regards Ron Burgundy and you have made him very self-conscious. I see the name has been blocked out, anyway you can PM the name to me?

tlevine

I know a Big-head. For me to know if we are talking about the same person you are going to have to drop a subtle hint as to your identity.

STLEngineer

pilot
I had "the guy" at Eglin. Ask around, he's well known, if he's still instructing.

Other than having to be there at 0500, it wasn't that bad. I got done in under two weeks of flying. Just have your buddy get a room at the BOQ or carpool with someone and he'll be fine.

I honestly think it (flying with Mr. XXXX) made me better prepared for primary. Tell him to suck it up. It's training, it's your job.

colkruk951

pilot
The instructor is Col. Miles. I had to drive from Pensacola every day at 0230 to get there for my 0430 takeoffs; it sucked, but I was done in 11 or so days. He expects a lot and will definitely get you prepared for Primary.

tlevine

I'll let him know. I think his main concern is getting an instructor that is not necessarily difficult, but one that is incompetent or unable to teach and would put him at a disadvantage.

tlevine

The instructor is Col. Miles. I had to drive from Pensacola every day at 0230 to get there for my 0430 takeoffs; it sucked, but I was done in 11 or so days. He expects a lot and will definitely get you prepared for Primary.

Yeah, I heard Mr. Miles is the guy to get. He will get you through quick and prepare you well. My buddy is getting a room at the BEQ (BOQ is full-up) so I don't think the early mornings will be as rough.

BrianUSMC

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
pilot
I had Mr. Miles about 2 years ago now... we finished in 7 (business) days. I thought he was a good guy. I think he was a c130 guy if I remember right? I was driving from Pcola at like 2 or 3 am for the 4 or so hours of flying a day. It really wasn't a big deal as far as being hard. Don't sweat it. IFS taught us that the trees get smaller when we pull back on the stick and vice versa...

r/
Sully