• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eject, Eject, Eject

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^^^ Yeah, you guys just can't seem to take care of your toys.

I can't find any documentation of a single P-3 ejection

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Can't believe how many aircraft we've trashed looking over those lists.[/QUOTE]

If you can find the list of AV-8A/B ejections, you'll really lose it

Binnie B

View attachment 9694View attachment 9693
if not, then joe burke (grumman test pilot) and i probably made the only one in tomcat #7 at calverton around '88 or so.
we had a navy chase who felt obligated to report the event.
grounded for a week to make nice with the navy guys.
(joe and i were marines)
#7 is on the deck of the intrepid in new york

flaps - not sure who you are -- this is Joe Burke's wife. Sad to say that my wonderful husband died yesterday after battling a brain tumor for 1 1/2 yrs -- and how appropriate on July 4th for a Marine! As for that after burner take-off - he knew he was retiring from Grumman and since he was always a straight by the book pilot, he felt he wanted to sow a few oats before he left....but they grounded him for a month, I think. They broke the mold when he was born - no one else like him -- check out www.joefrombronx.com and www.sermoncentral.com/contributors/joe-burke. A great pilot and holy man of God is now at peace with Jesus

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
hello, binnie,
ed flanagan here.
i am so sorry for your loss. i'm sure you've heard all the acolates. i would just like you to know i share your loss is some small way. i
had open heart surgury last wed at the new york vet's hospital. the news of joes's passing was the first email i read from tom cavanaugh.
joe, chuck sewell and don evans were all great airplane drivers and wonderful gentlemen.
love,
ed

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
hello, binnie,
ed flanagan here.
i am so sorry for your loss. i'm sure you've heard all the acolates. i would just like you to know i share your loss is some small way. i
had open heart surgury last wed at the new york vet's hospital. the news of joes's passing was the first email i read from tom cavanaugh.
joe, chuck sewell and don evans were all great airplane drivers and wonderful gentlemen.
love,
ed
Ed - sorry to hear about the old ticker. You doing OK?

Bug

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
thanks for asking lovebug. doing just fine. got an aorta from a cow and a minor bypass.
what i learned:
insurance companies will pay to repair stuff but they don't like to pay to prevent stuff unless you make a pain in the ass out of yourself.
as a regular regular runner (did a 10 k in 1:01:22 two days before admission to the hospital on jun 18), i did have a minor heart murmer but my vitals were fine . i would have minor chest pains for the first 10 minutes of exercise. after that all was fine.
saw a the doctor at the vets hospital. he said 'no big deal'. i demanded to see a cardiologist. elevated protien levels in the blood test indicated a minor heart attack.