• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ejection History

mike bennett

Dear Forum Members

I hope this letter is appropriate for this Forum

I have spent over 25 years researching the history, development and use of assisted aircrew escape systems. Part of the project involves compiling a comprehensive listing of as many ejections in the world as possible. To date I have reference to approximately 8,000 ejections since 1942 with nearly 30 confirmed Luftwaffe ejections and another 30 possibles.

I am trying, where possible to personally contact ejectees or witnesses to the ejections, so that I can obtain their memories of the period prior to, during and post the ejection and a photograph of the ejectee about the period of their ejection.

I also keep an up to date ejection chronicle on recent ejections on my website.

I would be very grateful if any of your members who have ejected, or are colleagues or relatives of ejectees could contact me either on the forum - or to prevent clogging up the Forum threads off line at my email below.

I want to make clear, that I am not connected with any military, technical, government, nor aeromedical establishment, but a civilian with a passion for aviation history and preserving the memory of all those involved in assisted aircrew escape systems.

Sincere thanks for reading this request

With respect

Mike Bennett
MbenShar@aol.com

Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Here's a thread I started a while back. Has some interesting stuff if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12033&highlight=loud+handle

Oh, and I got your E-Mail. I'll see what I can do. He doesn't really have an email account and is usually really busy taking care of my baby cousins. I know this happened while he was in the Guard, and I think it was while he was flying for either South Carolina Guard or Alabama Guard. Don't know which.

mike bennett

1991 - Gulf War Ejections

Dear Forum Members
I've just uploaded the 1991 Gulf War POW ejectee page along with amendments to the Year 1991 ejections.
I'd very much appreciate any help with finding photos of the ejectees and if possible corresponding with them - any air force
I hope that you find the site of interest and hope that any omissions will be made known to me - especially IRAQI pilots who ejected.

Regards

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk