• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

El Navy

positiveg89

What's what all this "El Navy" BS? We just had a recruiting event at my university and everything was in Spanish. The t-shirt they gave me was made in Mexico too.

Considering people have to speak English to join the military anyways, what do they accomplish by having everything in Spanish?

Plus, what's with the recruiter telling me I am probably not a good candidate because I don't have a technical degree and that PRK vision is not waiverable?

:icon_rage

nugget61

pilot
They've been favoring technical degrees but you can still get picked up without one.

I got my NRC waiver for PRK at the end of June - they're still giving them out.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Se llama "La Marina [de Guerra]" en espanol. Seriously, making the military bi-lingual would really Charlie Foxtrot everything. You can take this diversity thing a little too far, if not careful.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Speaking of Latin America, AW&ST says that the USA & Brasil are in talks involving our purchase of up to 100 Super Tucano light attack a/c. That would be neat, especially figuring out which service(s) gets them.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
The Navy is also called La Armada de los Estados Unidos in Spanish. Come down to south Texas, the recruiting commercials are in Spanish as are the pamphlets.