• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Elaboration of Beirut Manipulated Photos

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Priceless. Leave it to the media to answer the question "how low can you go?"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More staged photos from Beirut.

Love the Mark Twain quote.

AISH

The video is not exactly coming from an unbiased source, AISH is a Jewish website. From Google "The complete Judaism website...." http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=aish

So while I do agree that there may have been some manipulation of the press in this latest conflict I would argue that these incidents are few and far between in the 'mainstream' press. I have seen images at work, stuff that doesn't make it to the press, that shows the hammering that Lebanon got. Does it garner a lot of sympathy from me? Not much, the Lebanese are the ones that let Hezbollah stay there. But there is no doubting the fact that Lebanon got hammered by Israel.

Plus, what does that Reuters photo manipulation add to picture, it didn't add much for me. The guy wasted his time as far as I am concerned.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The video is not exactly coming from an unbiased source, AISH is a Jewish website. From Google "The complete Judaism website...." http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=aish

So while I do agree that there may have been some manipulation of the press in this latest conflict I would argue that these incidents are few and far between in the 'mainstream' press. I have seen images at work, stuff that doesn't make it to the press, that shows the hammering that Lebanon got. Does it garner a lot of sympathy from me? Not much, the Lebanese are the ones that let Hezbollah stay there. But there is no doubting the fact that Lebanon got hammered by Israel.

Plus, what does that Reuters photo manipulation add to picture, it didn't add much for me. The guy wasted his time as far as I am concerned.

Regardless of the effect that manipulation has on one consumer of media information, the principle of it is what makes me mad. I guess I'm not surprised, but the blatant hypocrisy from organizations who tout themselves as the standard of objectivity makes my stomach turn.

Brett

zuggerat

what bothers me is that news photographers are walking around with rubber minnie and mickey mouses in their pockets... does anyone else find that a 'lil weird!?