• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ELIGIBILITY

franconarro

Good morning,
I have taken the OAR twice my scores are 32 and 41 respectively.
I am wondering if i should try it the third time, but i am also skeptical about not beating the current score of 41.

my question is, do I qualify for any of the officers program all with the current score of 41?
I am 41yrs old and been in the navy for 12yrs and i am E-6.
I have a bachelors in construction and an MBA In project management.
my construction degrees doesn’t have the ABET accreditation so Civil engineering program is out for me.
Just need some information and guidance.
Thanks
V/R

exNavyOffRec

Good morning,
I have taken the OAR twice my scores are 32 and 41 respectively.
I am wondering if i should try it the third time, but i am also skeptical about not beating the current score of 41.

my question is, do I qualify for any of the officers program all with the current score of 41?
I am 41yrs old and been in the navy for 12yrs and i am E-6.
I have a bachelors in construction and an MBA In project management.
my construction degrees doesn’t have the ABET accreditation so Civil engineering program is out for me.
Just need some information and guidance.
Thanks
V/R
It is less about OAR and more about your age and TIS, the max commissioning age is 42 for OCS which means in OCS before you hit 41 years and 9 months.

exNavyOffRec

This page says there are other career fields that have a higher max age limit.
When it says max age it really means commissioned by, several of the age limits that are higher than 42 have very specific degree requirements such as computer science degrees, or specific work history degrees.

It really depends on how close to turning 42 he is, he might have time to hit a board and get through OCS before that point.

exNavyOffRec

I actually hit 42 in 3months.
My next question is, so when do the age waiver comes to play?
If you are talking about the 42 age limit there is no waiver over 42.

The others are when you submit, but those are specialty designators so very tight requirements.

ktutorjk

If you are talking about the 42 age limit there is no waiver over 42.

The others are when you submit, but those are specialty designators so very tight requirements.
They will give age waiver I am working on it
It is less about OAR and more about your age and TIS, the max commissioning age is 42 for OCS which means in OCS before you hit 41 years and 9 months.
If you are aiming to IWC board you can have an age waiver. I am 41and 11month right now and I am working on it. And if u have previously served they will give some waiver too. Good luck to you!

exNavyOffRec

They will give age waiver I am working on it

If you are aiming to IWC board you can have an age waiver. I am 41and 11month right now and I am working on it. And if u have previously served they will give some waiver too. Good luck to you!
I have never seen or heard of a person with an age waiver where they would be over 42 prior to completing OCS being accepted by the board, being prior does eliminated the issue of not being able to complete 20 years of service, but it doesn't eliminated the issue of a person hitting mandatory retirement before completing 20 years of commissioned service.

There is no reason not to try though as NRC has been rubber stamping waivers and letting the board be the bearer of bad news. Just be aware of the history.