• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Engineering Duty Officer Dolphin/SEGA?

attakmint

Hi all

So a few months ago when the Navy decided to postpone all their OCS boards, I was informed that I qualified for Engineering Duty Officer-SEGA because I'm in grad school. Today I was informed I was selected and if I got in after ODS I'd go to the Dolphin program. I've been poking around the internet a bit for more information, and I'm still not exactly sure what I'd be doing day-to-day. I was originally applying for NFO/Pilot.

So what exactly would I be doing as an EDO Dolphin graduate? What would the major pros and cons of the job be?

I'm headed out for the weekend and I might or might not get internet access until Sunday evening.

Vitrivius

Pro rec SNA
We are exactly on the same boat (haha...no pun intended). Applied for pilot/NFO, and got pro-rec SEGA, yes the gaming console.

j/k... Submarine Engineering Graduate Accessions. We go straight as an 0-2 and attend a 5 week EDO basic in port Hueneme after OCS.

The reason nobody replied to your post is because SEGA is a brand new pilot program that runs from 2011-2013 and nobody here probably knows anything about it, and we are literally the first batch. My OR told me that there's a total of FOUR (4) SEGA pro-recs for the whole FY and it is very competitive. Now we need to find the other 2 and see what's up, lolz.

Use google, visit the websites and read the powerpoint briefs.
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...taffcorps/engineering/Pages/EDAccessions.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_Engineering_Duty_insignia

I'm going to ask for some humble advice at sailor bob.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
EDO is my back-up if this aviation gig doesn't work out. I still may apply for a lateral transfer after my div-o tour. Good luck fellas, let us know any gouge you get on this new program.