• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted Marine, Want to Become a Navy Officer

The-Jarhead

I've been in the Marine Corps since May 2005. I'm currently in a workup for my unit's upcoming trip to Iraq. I will be getting 8 days of leave at the end of this month, so I'm planning to go speak to a Navy Officer recruiter during that time.

I'm currently going to UT San Antonio. I'm in my second year. Most of what I've completed up to now has been core curriculum. I was studying Computer Science, but I've decided to switch to Mechanical Engineering when I get back from the sandbox.

I've wanted to be a pilot since I was 7. For some reason I got the crazy idea to become a Marine Infantryman. I want to get a commission and become a pilot. I'm still deciding whether I want to be a Marine or Navy pilot.

I just got on this site a couple days ago and I'm still sifting through all the info. Are any of the enlisted to officer programs available to me since I'm Marine enlisted?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I suggest MECEP man. Biggest scam in the Corps. You'll be able to have a college student life on a college grad budget, and MGIB still works. Only down side is that you're beholden to a NROTC unit. That's not so bad, though. There's plenty here about MECEP and the real gouge can be found in the MARADMINS.

The sweetest deal I see in the Navy is BDCP, but you have to wait until you EAS to do that.