• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted reserves to NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SURF TO LIVE

Hey there. I'm a 23 yr old enlisted reservist considering my options regarding finishing my degree. I was leaning toward trying to obtain an NROTC scholarship. I know that I'm over the age limit listed but I was wondering if my 1.5 years in the reserves as a non-prior service member satisfy the requirement for "prior service"? It would seem that the Navy makes no distinction there in terms of applicants but I'm not sure. I have about 35 credit hours (3.5 GPA) from Colorado State University already as well as Calculus and Physics. I've been out of school and working for about two years. Ultimately I'd like to seek a commision as a Naval Aviator. I just received my private pilots license and the experience has really changed my outlook and subsequently where I want to go in the Navy.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
My advice, contact a local university's NROTC command and talk to their recruiting officer. I know CU has a good unit (well it was when I left) and is pretty good at given straight gouge. I think the number was 800-600-NAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.