• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eurofighter, what thinkest thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricechex

Ok, because of all the Discovery Wings Channel I watch, I have been learning a lot about the new Euro-fighter. Are the fighter pilots learning anything about them yet? If so, what are the instructors saying about this new jet. Chances are, we won’t ever have to face it, well…except for maybe france. LOL But seriously, it looks to be one heck of a jet, super cruise, thruster vectoring, and (unlike the Russians) it has some healthy electronics to boot including a heads’ up display.

Just wandering what everyone else thinks especially when comparing it to our Super Hornets, and, when it gets here, the NJSF

Cricechex
AME2STA2USNA

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think France flies the Eurofighter. As I understand it, they backed out of that program and built the Rafale instead. Eurofighter is a British/German/Spanish/Italian project.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Just looking at the JSF kind of gives you a bit hint as to it's radar cross section. I dont think it will be as stealthy as the f-22 but it will be low observable. I do believe it has an internal bay for JDAMs too.

cricechex

"The "delta canard" design shape of the Euro fighter Typhoon is driven by a need for:

• Subsonic/supersonic sustained turn rates
• Close combat maneuverability
• Short take-off and landing
• Performance requirements met at full internal tank
• Long range missions

Combining this with a low wing loading, high thrust-to-weight ratio, excellent all-round vision and carefree handling results in a truly exceptional aircraft.

Stealth technology is incorporated in the basic design. Features include low frontal Radar Cross Section (RCS), passive sensors and super cruise capability."

This is straight off the official website, super cruise is listed, thrust vectoring wasn't. My bad, again. Either way it is a pretty sweet airframe.

So, anyone got a guess on its abilities versus the Navy arsenal?

the site: http://www.eurofighter.com

cricechex

That's what I figured. But are those planes even competitive in it, which means it is the pilot who makes the difference or are their planes just not capable against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.