• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The attackers are part of ISIS-K, active in Afghanistan…so Tajikistan is just across the Amu Darya River. The “why Russia” is either related to Putin’s support of Assad in Syria or even recent Russian “business” efforts in Afghanistan. Either way, this is likely something that has been in the works for some time.
ISIS-K was my first thought, but mostly because none of the other franchises have any issues related to Russia. ISIS-K is only very slightly involved in anything to do with Moscow, though. And that Putin’s guys immediately blamed this on Ukraine, within 24 hours? Ukraine’s Muslim population is basically nonexistent. A bunch of Salafi nutjobs like ISIS are not going to make common cause with a state with a secular Jewish president.

i don't know. Something seems weird about this. I’m just not sure what.

Edit: Revised to say, a lot seems weird to me. Just not sure what the relevant weird part is.

Last edited:

Random8145

The U.S. had apparently warned the Russians that a major Moscow attack was coming weeks ago. The U.S. embassy in Moscow warned Americans there to get out. So the Russians had advance warning.

Random8145

And that Putin’s guys immediately blamed this on Ukraine, within 24 hours? Ukraine’s Muslim population is basically nonexistent. A bunch of Salafi nutjobs like ISIS are not going to make common cause with a state with a secular Jewish president.
Also the Ukrainians aren't out to just murder innocent Russians. Striking a Russian civilian target with no military value makes no sense and if anything would rally the Russian people to continue fighting Ukraine.

Random8145

I’m surprised there was someone to be captured. ISIS seems to only buy one way tickets for their fighters.
Me too. I mean if there is ANY country you don't want to be caught in for such an act, it's Russia. You get to first experience the nice treatment of the Russian authorities then get to go live in the Russian prisons:confused:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
ISIS-K was my first thought, but mostly because none of the other franchises have any issues related to Russia. ISIS-K is only very slightly involved in anything to do with Moscow, though. And that Putin’s guys immediately blamed this on Ukraine, within 24 hours? Ukraine’s Muslim population is basically nonexistent. A bunch of Salafi nutjobs like ISIS are not going to make common cause with a state with a secular Jewish president.
Wa
i don't know. Something seems weird about this. I’m just not sure what.

Edit: Revised to say, a lot seems weird to me. Just not sure what the relevant weird part is.
I believe Putin would have laid the blame on the Ukraine if the attack was executed by sharks with laser beams delivered by time-traveling cyborgs from the future. The two things are related, but why not relate them if it helps your cause? Keep in mind that the overarching ISIS policy is to attack all apostate so we have attacks in Paris, Sri Lanka, and so on.

Also a little further research brought IS-Caucus (or IS-CP), a group that has been actively jabbing at Russia although far from Moscow. Maybe this was their big swing 9/11 operation?

Last edited:

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
The attackers are part of ISIS-K, active in Afghanistan…so Tajikistan is just across the Amu Darya River. The “why Russia” is either related to Putin’s support of Assad in Syria or even recent Russian “business” efforts in Afghanistan. Either way, this is likely something that has been in the works for some time.
ISIS-K: Hey, we did this.
Putin: This was a UKR op
Anti-UKR Western pro-RUS apologists: That makes sense, let's promulgate this propaganda.
ISIS-K: No, we really did it
Pro-UKR media influencers: Obviously a RUS false flag op to rally support for more mobilization.
ISIS-K: Guys, here's more video. We really did it.
US gov: We warned you fuckers a few weeks ago.

That's my breakdown from what I've seen so far.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like to think of myself as well-read, but I admit I don’t get why ISIS would be launching something this big in Russia. I know it’s been doing like AQ did and each “branch” of the movement is basically a franchise that adopts the name but is still carrying out its local grudges. I didn‘t think any of the Muslim areas of Russia really had beef with Moscow, though. Maybe part of the Armenia-Azerbaijan thing?

Apparently ISIS-K has been fixated on Russia for some time now and have been propagandizing against them for the past few years, and attacked their embassy in Afghanistan in 2022. Why? I think it is a combo of Russia being in Syria and attacking their ISIS brethren, their previous attacks against Muslims (Chechnya and the Caucuses) and being an easy target that helps them gain notoriety and attention/support to their 'cause'. They were also responsible for the attack in Iran in January that killed 95 people. And for good measure the Taliban have been fighting them for years. So they probably think they're 'winning' at terrorism.

robav8r

None
Contributor
ISIS-K: Hey, we did this.
Putin: This was a UKR op
Anti-UKR Western pro-RUS apologists: That makes sense, let's promulgate this propaganda.
ISIS-K: No, we really did it
Pro-UKR media influencers: Obviously a RUS false flag op to rally support for more mobilization.
ISIS-K: Guys, here's more video. We really did it.
US gov: We warned you fuckers a few weeks ago.

That's my breakdown from what I've seen so far.
So, in other words, CIA, right?