• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Extending F-16 range with 3/7 station fuel tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapshot

Snapshot
FAR Technologies Ltd. ("FAR") website: http://www.fartechnologies.com/
is strongly recommended for innovative concepts and technologies in the military aviation arena, among them is the Wing tank adaptation to weapon station, Air-Born Re-Arm system, and the Steerable Gun Pod.
Worth reviewing & discussing

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Interesting story but why is this in the USMC section? Perhaps it should be in another area since the Marine Corps doesn't use F-16s...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Except for this one:

F-16Marines.jpg

I know it's only used as an aggressor, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to post that one with its sexy paint job.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FAR Technologies Ltd. ("FAR") website: http://www.fartechnologies.com/
is strongly recommended for innovative concepts and technologies in the military aviation arena, among them is the Wing tank adaptation to weapon station, Air-Born Re-Arm system, and the Steerable Gun Pod.
Worth reviewing & discussing

Doesn't seems like something the Navy would pursue. I don't think we have any PMA/requirements guys here. Pitch your wares elsewhere.

Brett

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Besides, it's all well and good until the clear air turbulence shows up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Besides, it's all well and good until the clear air turbulence shows up.

I half expected to see a team of Ordies out on the extendable platform in the animated video. They would have to completely redesign all the launchers and suspension equipment. Seems like a lot of work for not a whole lot of increase in capes. If you need more ordnance, how about we forego the multi-billion dollar acquisitions program and just park a couple of B-52s over the battlespace.

Brett

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Acutally, anyone remember the old arcade game, Afterburner? When you refueled, your magically re-armed as well. Kinda reminds me of that.

Attachments

• afterburner.jpg
    afterburner.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 57

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Methinks somebody put out a bid for a system that could put Israeli bombs over Iran and get the crews home safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.