• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-117s...hang ten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
So I'm sitting in my house, jammin' on the old computer machine (watching that cruise video which doesn't work anymore) when all of a sudden I hear the distinct sound of military engines going overhead. I assume that it's just the ANG Eagles going over on the regular HNL route for inbound flights from the mainland...which goes right the hell over my house. I look outside and, to my surprise, see the strangest thing I'ver ever seen flying in my life. Horribly slanted vertical stabs with the ugliest shaped body/wing all pointed to not being an Eagle. Then another comes past maybe 30 seconds later followed up by one of the KC-10s out of Hickam. Anybody know about some sort of airshow or anything going on or were these guys just passing through...at the middle of the day...for no reason.

Edit: Two more, in formation, with another tanker just rolled past...good lord.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Fighter drag!
Fighter pilots wearing dresses???? :eek: :D

Drag-Queen-Finale.jpg

Ryoukai

Super18Ordie said:
Funny guy this one is

Ok, that might have sounded more insulting than it was supposed to be. I was just stating that as a fact and am very happy that you posted it.

In unrelated news, is it just me or do others agree that those things look ass ugly in flight?

Grant

Ryoukai said:
In unrelated news, is it just me or do others agree that those things look ass ugly in flight?

They look ass ugly all the time, not just in flight. But they get the job done, form follows function. :D

nugget81

pilot
What's wrong with the "wobbly goblin"? I think they look very cool and I'm amazed that they fly. Lockheed started with a flat-diamond shape and built it into a flyin' and fightin' machine!

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
Ryoukai said:
Ok, that might have sounded more insulting than it was supposed to be. I was just stating that as a fact and am very happy that you posted it.

I know. It didnt insult me I was just busting your chops.

Ryoukai

nugget81 said:
What's wrong with the "wobbly goblin"? I think they look very cool and I'm amazed that they fly. Lockheed started with a flat-diamond shape and built it into a flyin' and fightin' machine!

Being amazed that they fly isn't enough to make me like them. I've been spoiled ever since a B-1 did a high speed pass over Barbers point and four Tomcats buzzed the pants off of Diamond Head.

Ryoukai

Some more came in today, bringing the grand total up to a bunch. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.