• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-14 Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
F-14 Pictures! *WARNING: LARGE PICTURES*

From VF-143

VF-143%20formation%20inbound%20to%20Oceana%207-25-04.jpg

Carrierlookingaftpost-cat%20small.jpg

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
is that a Jolly Roger Tomcat in the upper right corner of the first pic?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha sorry for the size, that's the originals. I can shrink them if so desired. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grant said:
I assume that those are pics from the air wing fly-off back to shore?

The first one is, yes. The cat-shot, don't know.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
You know the date of those? Thats TJ's old squadron

Here is all I got. I got the pics off another forum:

Greetings All!

A friend of mine has a son flying Tomcats with VF-143.
They recently returned from deployment.
The photos are of the squadron formation inbound to Oceana and the aft look after a cat shot.

Whalebite

Threadjack
I can't find out how to make a new thread, and this is somewhat related.
Where is that video posted rescently of the harriers?
Also, how do you make a new thread?
Thanks

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Nice pics man!!

Whalebite - you have to go into the forum that you want to start your new thread in. On the top, just above where all the posts are, there should be a button that says new thread.

Lonestar155

is good to go
When is the last tour of duty for the TOMCAT. I know they are being retired. GOD that will be such a sad day... :(

Jakapr

Pukin' Dogs

Last time I saw this squadron (VF-143), they still had their Phantoms.
We were the first Squadron on the East coast to get The Tomcats, We traded off our F-4B's for the F-14A's. I was in VF-32. Its hard to believe the Tomcats are going.

A few years ago I went to an airshow in the Quad cities. They had a super hornet there on static display. It had a tophat on it and said VFA-14. When I saw that I said "no way" !!! When I got home I looked up VF-14, And yes , it was their first Super Hornet. VF-14 was our sister Squadron on both cruises on the Kennedy. The first with the Phantoms, the next with the Tomcats.

The Tomcats were easy to work on compaired to The Phantoms, but like reading about the problems they have now with maintenance problems because of age, thats like our Phantoms. We had the oldest Phantoms in the Navy when we got rid of them after the 73 cruise, and got the newest Tomcats in the navy at that time. The only other Tomcat squadrons at that time were VF-1 & 2. They were on their first cruise when we got to Oceana after training at VF-124 in Miramar.

Check out this site. http://www.anft.net/f-14/ They have listed all the Tomcat Squadrons and what happened to them, whether disestabilshed or switching to the Hornet.

According to them VF-32 will be switching to the Super Hornet on 11-05 and according to them there are only 8 squadrons left with the TOMCAT.

I found a few guys that was in my shop at Military.com , Interesting site, and now We email back and forth. A few of us set up a site and put our pictures from the first cruise on there. If your interested the address is http://www.geocities.com/vf32ae2too

Jack AE2
X Phantom Phixer ..X Tomcat Tweaker

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Oh man, so many beautiful Tomcats. I've never seen so many at one time. It's going to be so depressing when they are completely retired. I've always wanted to fly it... never gonna get that chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.