• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18 C,D Block 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bain

anyone know who actually makes the center Multi func. display on an f-18 c or d block 12 and up?- cant seem to find that anywhere and the boeing site was no help

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
anyone know who actually makes the center Multi func. display on an f-18 c or d block 12 and up?- cant seem to find that anywhere and the boeing site was no help
You should have just bought the fast-build kit.....I thought you Fed's had some computer that would cross check anything and give you a comprehensive answer.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The Boeing Company called and said they're all out of "help" ....

But > 5 minutes on Google got me the answer ... :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The F/A-18 Program Manager (and his staff) at Pax River (aka PMA-265) are who you should contact. Be prepared to tell them why you need to know or simply file a FOIA request. If you asking in an offical capaciy, you can easily establish your Bona Fides with PMA-265 and they will steer you to their Class Desk, ASPO or APML/PSTL; any one of whom would know. If this is a personal request, then FOIA is there as a path to obtain info that is deemed releaseable to the public. You try some Googlefu on sites other thanBoeing as they aren't in habit of revealign their hundreds of subcontractors. However, the folks who make the displays likely are bragging about it on their websites. There aren't that many "glass" houses so I suspect you could find your answer pretty quickly. Otherwise, asking for "official" info in a public forum like this "inhabited" by active duty aviators is a party foul.

bain

You should have just bought the fast-build kit.....I thought you Fed's had some computer that would cross check anything and give you a comprehensive answer.
ooh man, i wish it were that easy-and you would think there would be that we could type in nomeclature or model # and get the info i want- but ofcourse not

bain

The F/A-18 Program Manager (and his staff) at Pax River (aka PMA-265) are who you should contact. Be prepared to tell them why you need to know or simply file a FOIA request. If you asking in an offical capaciy, you can easily establish your Bona Fides with PMA-265 and they will steer you to their Class Desk, ASPO or APML/PSTL; any one of whom would know. If this is a personal request, then FOIA is there as a path to obtain info that is deemed releaseable to the public. You try some Googlefu on sites other thanBoeing as they aren't in habit of revealign their hundreds of subcontractors. However, the folks who make the displays likely are bragging about it on their websites. There aren't that many "glass" houses so I suspect you could find your answer pretty quickly. Otherwise, asking for "official" info in a public forum like this "inhabited" by active duty aviators is a party foul.
thanks for the info-pax is a good lead- didnt mean to step on any toes, i was just asking who makes the mfd, not any capabilities or anything- all the same, thanks for the info

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ooh man, i wish it were that easy-and you would think there would be that we could type in nomeclature or model # and get the info i want- but ofcourse not

Actually, FEDLOG will do exactly what you're asking.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
2sr2worry said:
This thread has gone on long enough...

Move along, now. Enjoy your Saturday.

I think you were missing the point of why no answer was being given....especially by the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.