• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

f-22 concerns linger

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...oncerns-linger.html?comp=7000023317828&rank=1

based on some f14 production/manufacturing experience, the most perplexing problems are the ones with the simplest solutions. as i recall, we had a standby compass that was fine on deck but out of spec airborne. a lot of hardware was changed with no solution. finally, a fairly new plane captain decided to put the jet on jacks and swing the gear and the compass started misbehaving. turns out the nose gear had not been dynafluxed by bendix prior to delivery to grumman. when raised it was much closer to the compass causing errors... a simple solution to a problem that held up delivery for at least a month (very expensive). i suspect the f-22 solution will be about as simple.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How can they say greater than 20 percent O2 is bad when we've been flying with LOX longer than with OBOGS with zero issues?

The whole "collapsing alveoli in the lungs" thing sounds suspiciously to me like the flight docs' explanation for garden-variety "G cough," as well.

Granted, I'm not an MD, but it seems to me the authors of the article raise some interesting points, but are also talking at least partially out of their asses.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
They are just recycling an article from April or May-ish, with the General's suicide added in. I tried to find the link, but apparently a search for F-22 returned 0 results...