• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35 Program has files hacked

CalPolyPilot

I just read this article in the Wall Street Journal today and from the article's standpoint the cyber spies seemed to have attained a lot of intel.

I know how the media can blow things out of proportion, so do any of yall know anything more about what was actually extracted?

Any thoughts of who would be capable of using the intel? It seems to me
the nation/group that wants to use the intel for developing a defense network against the F-35 would need a large budget.

Here's the link to the WSJ Ariticle.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124027491029837401.html

MasterBates

I wonder of some F-22 yahoos leaked it so they can argue "the JSF IS COMPROMISED AND NOW WE NEED MORE RAPTORS!!!!"

Doubt it, but that was the random thought that just popped in my head.. Much like Ray in Ghostbusters and the StayPuft Marshmallow Man.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Funny, the first thing I thought of was "I wonder how fracking long are they gonna make the annual IA training NOW?"

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm sure it had something to do with a thumbdrive!

I'll check and make sure my squadron's shared drive has no top secret jet fighter plans.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNN was saying that "Top Secret" files were hacked. I seriously doubt that. We're probably talking about maintenance pubs or other such mundane engineering documents.

Brett