• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/a-35

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hopefully this isn't a redundant post, but I only found one closed thread when I searched for this topic.

Does anyone know if they finished carrier trials w/ the -35C? If so, are there any pictures available? Just kinda curious about how this is all moving along.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When does the C-3 UCOD come out? Just curious.

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
What does the C-3 UCOD look like, anybody seen any pictures?

Although I did find this interesting picture, anybody ever see this in the fleet (maybe some of you older guys) Miss Piggy

us-3a-001.jpg

has-us3a.gif

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I recall when I visited the Lockheed Martin PR center in Crystal CIty, the JSF flew field carrier quals in a test and development model. It did very well.

r/
G

B

Blutonski816

Super18Ordie said:
What does the C-3 UCOD look like, anybody seen any pictures?

Although I did find this interesting picture, anybody ever see this in the fleet (maybe some of you older guys) Miss Piggy

I heard that Lockheed put together a US-3A... never seen one, though. Although I once saw a pic of one of VS-21's Vikings set up with one of those cargo pods... and the boxes inside were labeled Guinness (or some other beer, don't remember). :D

Cool pics, dude.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Super18Ordie said:
Remember her - I rode her. I flew in Missy Piggy 5 round trips between Dodge and the Carl Vinson for various liason meetings when my squadron was supporting her battle group in the IO in mid 80s. My first 5 traps (of 37 - not bad for a VP guy...) were riding in the back of her.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It carried a lot of mail, too...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VRC-50, which used to be based out of Guam, flew Miss Piggy in the early '90's. I think she was retired after that. Incidentally, those wing pods were designed to hold a person, in a stretcher. I think I would have to be sedated before I flew in that thing..... :eek:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
VRC-50, which used to be based out of Guam, flew Miss Piggy in the early '90's. I think she was retired after that. Incidentally, those wing pods were designed to hold a person, in a stretcher. I think I would have to be sedated before I flew in that thing..... :eek:
Did that individual become "expendable" in a single engine off the cat situation? :eek:

Brett

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
Brett327 said:
Did that individual become "expendable" in a single engine off the cat situation? :eek:

As long as its tough enough to handle getting run over by the boat, might be a fun ride! :icon_wink