• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Failed PT Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammalian04

I just heard from my OSO that some of our guys failed the initial PT test at OCS. What exactly is failing the PT Test?

What happens to those guys that fail. Do they get sent home or get to attempt again?

reapergm

PT test has to be the PFT... how did they fail that? What PFT did they have going in? Were the PLCers? Prob lost out on incomplete dead hang pullups...

Mammalian04

Yep, the initial PFT. That is what I am wondering. All I heard was that they failed it. Trying to find out what failing means.

Anybody that has already been to OCS know? Do they get sent home? What happens?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I got an email also saying that.To fail the initial PFT you have to get a score below a first class PFT like a 225. Then it is possible they send you home I think you go infront of the Company CO or the OCS commander. Not sure but they decide your fate. Luckily I didn't fail it. funny story though, last summer some guy I was running next to was so scared about failing it and being sent home that while on the 3 mi he had to sh*t and since you can't stop till your done well, he just went right there on the 3 mi course right down his leg.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
failing =

below 225 (first class) ... i guess it's technically not failing, but its 100% unsat for officers
or
failing any one event
ie. >28 min run, <3 pullups, or whatever the min crunches are.

capiche?

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I think its 60 crunches or near that. Killer, did that canidate pass or fail after he crapped his pants?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
He passed, he was infront me on the run and after that happened I had to pass him and dodge the land mine he left behind.

reapergm

LOL!!! Thats the funniest thing Ive ever heard! Did the SIs catch that one? What kind of nicknames did that kid have after that? I guess thats motivation... He ran his @$$ off... LOL!!!

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I second that, at least he passed. I bet he got a lot of $hit about his $hit though, I couldn't begin to imagine the nicknames he suffered for that one

Status
Not open for further replies.