• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fair Winds, Admiral.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Former Navy leader Adm. Frank Kelso dies in Norfolk

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/former-navy-leader-adm-frank-kelso-dies-norfolk

1002942_10151482268397548_1363735299_n.jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ADM Kelso unleashed the Tailhook witch hunt on Naval Aviation. Interesting that in the article he feared for his reputation because Tailhook HAPPENED on his watch. And that is something his obit will say many times over. But he didn't seem concerned for what the witch hunt did to many aviators and naval aviation as a whole. That WAS something he had control over. No articles recounting his career will mention the over reach and abuses that came out of the post Tailhook investigations. Whatever the rest of his career highlights, which are notable, the witch hunt is a stain on his record I will never forget!

Fallonflyr

pilot
He was in the VMFP-3 Rhino suite that night and never owned up to it, he let a bunch of 0-6 and 0-5's hang and never took responsibility. Fuck him.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oops. Guess I should have done my homework. My apologies.
No need. It is just a point of view some of us have. And my point was that the press never adequately covered the excesses of the investigation. If you weren't there you wouldn't know. He obviously was a success and likely benefited many sailors over his career. The man deserves to rest in peace. But I prefer not to forget his failure of leadership in this regard.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oops. Guess I should have done my homework. My apologies.
Most of those who were not yet in the Navy prior to the turn of the century, were probably unaware of the witchhunt/bloodletting/ass covering fiasco following 'Hook '91.:(
BzB