• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fallon SAR and Fernley Floods

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Watching the news coverage of the broken-levee floods in Fernley, I saw that at least one of the Fallon SAR Hueys are helping out with the evacuations. I thought the SARDET there was gone/going?

In any case, BZ, helo bubbas.

art.helicopter1.irpt.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope China Chef is OK, that place has great Chinese food!

Flugelman

Contributor
I hope China Chef is OK, that place has great Chinese food!

We have friends who live on the golf course in Fernley. Talked to them yesterday and they say the flooding is pretty localized in the new development area of Fernley. China Chef (if it's the resturant I'm thinking of, I've slept since I was last there) should be OK.

BTW, Why does this ad keep showing up? Are the Admins implying I'm on old fart or something??? :D

Attachments

• imgad.gif
    imgad.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 28

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
We had two Hueys in Fernely. I think the press made it sound way worse than what it was.

BTW, there is another very good Chinese food place in Fernely...on the same street, (about 1 mile) West of China Chef, North side of the road in a little strip mall.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know it wasn't Katrina-level flooding in Fernley, but you gotta feel sorry for those folks. Who the hell has flood insurance in the middle of the freaking High Desert?