• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Family Care Plan

OCScandid

Hi,

I am putting together my officer package, and one of the documents I came across is the family care plan. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is suppose to go along with this document?

I know the purpose of the document is to provide a plan and to make arrangements for dependents to be taken care of during long absences and deployments. It is hard to imagine when I am not an Officer yet.

My wife is active duty enlisted, and I have a 18 month old son. If anything, I plan on having my mother and mother-in-law to be the main care giver while I am away.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Dual military or single parent military have to have a family care plan on file to show how their children will be cared for. If you do not have an acceptable plan to include signed agreement from the designated care-givers, you will be discharged or denied enlistment. Your recruiter should have the required forms that need to be completed.

It has to include both short term and long term contingencies.