• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Family Seperation, Deployments Etc.

How many days were you deployed in the last two years?

• Total voters

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
So I came across a report that had studied the correlation between number of days deployed and re-enlistment in the USMC. It was incredibly informative other than the fact that it specifically excluded pilots and most air crew. The criteria used for exclusion were in depth but there were no warrants explaining why. I can only assume this is because it would greatly skew the data. Therefore I figured I would model my own poll after the data.

So... For all of you commissioned NA's and NFO's etc. How many days were you deployed in the last two years (deployed was defined as away from home station i.e. you could still be CONUS, but seperated from your family and it counts as deployed)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Between work ups and deployment, it would be over 300 days. We had a 7 month cruise plus workups that had us from Key West (a/a sfarp) to Fallon 3 times(cas det, a/g sfarp and airwing Fallon) and to the boat 3 times(deck cert, tsta, Comptuex and jtfx). And we are starting up again. Yeah!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lets see....
CVN Deployment + Surge workups: 7+ months
IA to Iraq: 9 months
Serving your country: Priceless!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Brunes

pilot
I voted 201-300 but they were at a CG Deck Watch/Boarding Officer. So my deployment time will decrease significantly after this.

prometheus

How much time do Aviators spend at sea?

I am currently in the application process to be a Naval aviator, and I was wondering how much time I should expect to be at sea once I finish flight training. 6 mo a year? 10 mo a year? 4 mo? Thanks!

exo

I am currently in the application process to be a Naval aviator, and I was wondering how much time I should expect to be at sea once I finish flight training. 6 mo a year? 10 mo a year? 4 mo? Thanks!

If you take the time to read the posts above your own you will see it varies. Also, look at the poll at the top of the page, it answers your question better than any one person can.