• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Farewell to F-117

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
F-117.jpg

A specially painted F-117 Nighthawk flies off from its last refueling by the Ohio National Guard's 121st Air Refueling Wing. Two F-117s were retired March 1, 2008, in a farewell ceremony at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Master Sgt. Kim Frey

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wow ... all the hype from Have Blue to operational status through a couple of one-sided air wars to the boneyard -- all in the space of @ < 30 years???

That's gotta be some kind of a short-timer record for modern, really, really expensive aircraft. Or maybe that record goes to the B-58??

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Wow ... all the hype from Have Blue to operational status through a couple of one-sided air wars to the boneyard -- all in the space of @ < 30 years???

That's gotta be some kind of a short-timer record for modern, really, really expensive aircraft. Or maybe that record goes to the B-58??

I am picking up what you are putting down, but what about the spillover benefits of that a/c? I.e. its impact on later a/c design.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I am picking up what you are putting down, but what about the spillover benefits of that a/c? I.e. its impact on later a/c design.
Well, I suspect we're BOTH pickin' up on what the other is puttin' down ... BUT: if that is the criteria -- why aren't we still flyin' the Mercury capsule???

We got Tang and microwaves from that .... ???? :D

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
There's only what, like 50 of them left? As soon as that one was shot down in Bosnia I suspect it's time was up. Then again what do I know?