• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fat Albert, Sacramento, and x-winds

HuggyU2

None
http://www.kbvp.com/extreme-videos/Blue-Angels-Fat-Albert-wild-crosswind-landing

Our Sac-town show was windy, as you'll see. Note how long F.A. is riding on the left mains. Pretty stiff x-wind component. They ended up blowing one of the tires, but still gave their usual great show. Well done ("bravo zulu",... did I use that correctly in this context?)
I don't know if Campbell was piloting, but if he was, I'll have to give him some grief since he's an Aggie.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I liked the flat tire at the end (left inside tire). :eek: I guess that's what he gets for going 4 wheeling. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

plc67

pilot
He kind of dicked that up. I speak from experience because I've dicked up my share of x-wind landings.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
He kind of dicked that up. I speak from experience because I've dicked up my share of x-wind landings.
There are those who have and those who will.

It just looks to me like he landed a little flat and bounced (he could have logged two T&Gs)...I'm guessing he may have had an issue with his anti-skid on the left in order to blow that tire, or it was hitting the brakes hard while bouncing that gave a strange signal to the anti-skid.

Not a bad landing, as the plane is still flyable.;)