• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February Rolling Pilot/NFO/SWO results are out!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Self-explanitory. Contact your recruiter (if he/she hasn't already) or Mr. Ted Williams (for the fleet folks) regarding your status. Once again...

no, I will not check your CIRIMS
no, I don't know when you're going to OCS
no, I have no idea when the next board will convene (although they said another board will occur within the next 90 days if not sooner)
yes, they selected SWOs

Last edited:

MBizzle

SNA Select here. I've held my tongue for a while now, but I'm still sorely tempted to ask my recruiter for my unofficial reporting date on CIRIMS. I'm sick of not having anything in writing, and having to turn down graduate school offers just on the OR's word that I have an OCS slot.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Look through the boards and you seen see folks waiting weeks and even months for their OCS date, despite having medical done and a security clearance. Some items are out of the recruiter's hands. As your recruiter said or hopefully said before, the process takes months, not days. Be patient and eventually you'll see a light at the end of the tunnel.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sick of not having anything in writing, and having to turn down graduate school offers just on the OR's word that I have an OCS slot.
Understand your frustration, but lots of ProRec-Ys are waiting for the FS, and a class date. The pipeline seems to be somewhat clogged at present, so patience is your friend. Other selectees are also trying to plan around weddings, births, vacations, advanced education and job opportunities, etc., so you're not alone. If you are really committed to become one of us, patience without whining is a must, and more delays can be expected throughout the flight training program. Once you actually start flying, all the agonizing waiting will become a distant memory. Nothing really worthwhile is easy!:eek:

Your ASTB scores predict that you will do well in Naval Aviation, so just hang in there and stay cool... ;) Go 'Huskers!:)
BzB

MBizzle

Understand your frustration, but lots of ProRec-Ys are waiting for the FS, and a class date. The pipeline seems to be somewhat clogged at present, so patience is your friend. Other selectees are also trying to plan around weddings, births, vacations, advanced education and job opportunities, etc., so you're not alone. If you are really commited to become one of us, patience without whining is a must, and more delays can be expected throughout the flight training program. Once you actually start flying, all the agonizing waiting will become a distant memory. Nothing really worthwhile is easy!:eek:

Your ASTB scores predict that you will do well in Naval Aviation, so just hang in there and stay cool... ;) Go 'Huskers!:)
BzB

Yes sir, I'm aware governmental and military channels will take time. But it is my nature to plan for contingencies, and not take anything for granted until it is in writing. I simply mean waiting out this period of weeks/months would be better if I had more information. That's why I'm lurking around communities like airwarriors in the first place.

You have an impressive record yourself, sir. Thank you for your service to the country. But I'm a Creighton Bluejays fan myself!

FormerRecruitingGuru

It's looking more and more likely that the next rolling board will take place in late April vice early May. Just words I've been hearing through the grapevine.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Yes sir, I'm aware governmental and military channels will take time. But it is my nature to plan for contingencies, and not take anything for granted until it is in writing. I simply mean waiting out this period of weeks/months would be better if I had more information. That's why I'm lurking around communities like airwarriors in the first place.!
Then you are going to have a tough time. Considering you are going to be wondering if you are PQ'd by NAMI and when you orders will come in as aviators don't get word till around graduation or even after graduation.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I tell applicants from the first interview that the application process takes months, even a year and beyond to be in the Navy. While some things are in their control (getting the admin work, studying for the ASTB, etc.) others are beyond control (selection boards, security clearance, clearing medical, etc.). This isn't a job you're applying for, this is a CAREER in the United States Navy. It's the same process, if not longer if you apply for other branches of service. If you're not patient and/or willing to play the game, move on somewhere else. I don't want you in my wardroom nor does anyone else in the fleet.

MBizzle

This isn't a job you're applying for, this is a CAREER in the United States Navy. It's the same process, if not longer if you apply for other branches of service. If you're not patient and/or willing to play the game, move on somewhere else. I don't want you in my wardroom nor does anyone else in the fleet.
Yes sir, I'll have no delusions about this whole process being quick or easy.
Thank you for teaching me some of the rules of this game.