• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fighter Fling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba716

I was watching some of the Fighter Fling videos on patricksaviation.com, and I was wondering what the story was behind "mutha"? They had video of it in the cockpit in the 2002 video and mentioned it again in the 2004 video.

B

Blutonski816

Mutha is the Award for "Most spirited Fighter Squadron"... needless to say it's an award exclusively used by the VF community.
Kinda like how the VA (and now VFA) guys have the McClusky award..

I'm sure Schnuggapup can elaborate more on it, though.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Mutha was an ugly little trophy of a monkey (baboon?) with a smaller monkey besides it. The Mutha was the Skipper of the F-14 FRS on the west coast. He awarded it (the trophy) to the squadron with the most spirit. also helped to have good gunnery scores, misslexs, etc...
The squadron had it for a year...while other squadrons tried to steal it from them...some attempts ingenious. In one case a new Spy in a VF squadron who looked all of 21, was told he was going to steal the Mutha. The squadron hid the new check in and created fake stash ensign orders for him. They snuck into the other squadron's spaces and put the fake orders for a 6 month stash on their message board...looked real enough. So he checks into the target squadron, doing great for a couple of weeks, they like him. So they trust him and cuff him to the Mutha one night at the club so it can't be stolen.

He later walks out with it and turns it over to his to his true squadron....now that's spirited.

r/
G

sorry about the typoes...new laptop

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
The Mutha was an ugly little trophy of a monkey (baboon?) with a smaller monkey besides it. The Mutha was the Skipper of the F-14 FRS on the west coast. He awarded it (the trophy) to the squadron with the most spirit. also helped to have good gunnery scores, misslexs, etc...
The squadron had it for a year...while other squadrons tried to steal it from them...some attempts ingenious. In one case a new Spy in a VF squadron who looked all of 21, was told he was going to steal the Mutha. The squadron hid the new check in and created fake stash ensign orders for him. They snuck into the other squadron's spaces and put the fake orders for a 6 month stash on their message board...looked real enough. So he checks into the target squadron, doing great for a couple of weeks, they like him. So they trust him and cuff him to the Mutha one night at the club so it can't be stolen.

He later walks out with it and turns it over to his to his true squadron....now that's spirited.

r/
G

sorry about the typoes...new laptop
Pure genius, I love it. I've got a similarly amusing story about a certain squadron wrestling belt and its world travels (thanks alot, Kolja). I'll post it when I have more time.

Brett

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Hey guys, I just downloaded the newest and last fighter fling video from this Patricks Aviation site or whatever and when I play it on the Divx player it only plays halfway through....what gives, it says I have like 24 min of video, only plays about 11. Am I doing something wrong, its a killer video, I would love to be able to watch the rest of it. The link to the site is in another fighter fling post and tells you to download Winamp and then Divx to watch the video which is a .avi file. Thanks for any help, sorry for the threadjack.

B

Blutonski816

brd2881 said:
Hey guys, I just downloaded the newest and last fighter fling video from this Patricks Aviation site or whatever and when I play it on the Divx player it only plays halfway through....what gives, it says I have like 24 min of video, only plays about 11. Am I doing something wrong, its a killer video, I would love to be able to watch the rest of it. The link to the site is in another fighter fling post and tells you to download Winamp and then Divx to watch the video which is a .avi file. Thanks for any help, sorry for the threadjack.

Probably try Downloading it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.