• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select for two programs?

amoore47

Hey guys!
So I checked the forums, but I didn't see anything that really helped me out (I'm apologizing in advance if this a repost). I was notified a couple of days ago that I am PRO REC SNA and NFO. SNA is really my passion, so I asked my recruiter if I can just submit final docs for one. He told me that I should send it all in and see what the board chooses. He said it was a possibility I'd get final selected for both, then it would be up to me, but I hadn't really heard of this before. Has anybody had final select for several programs at once? Also, as I am a BDCP applicant, is my applicant checked out by two different boards (SNA and NFO), or just a general aviation/BDCP board?
Thanks for your help!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was specifically told by my recruiter when I was pro-rec that I was only pro-rec for SNA and not SNFO because once they pro-rec'ed me for my first choice, the discussion ended. For SNA and SNFO, you go to the same board (aviation board) so they select you for one or the other but not both. Perhaps things have changed but this is how my recruiter explained it to me.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys!
So I checked the forums, but I didn't see anything that really helped me out (I'm apologizing in advance if this a repost). I was notified a couple of days ago that I am PRO REC SNA and NFO. SNA is really my passion, so I asked my recruiter if I can just submit final docs for one. He told me that I should send it all in and see what the board chooses. He said it was a possibility I'd get final selected for both, then it would be up to me, but I hadn't really heard of this before. Has anybody had final select for several programs at once? Also, as I am a BDCP applicant, is my applicant checked out by two different boards (SNA and NFO), or just a general aviation/BDCP board?
Thanks for your help!

Either you misunderstood your recruiter or he is misinformed himself. The "BOARD" has decided. The board will not do any more choosing unless something medical or security wise comes up foul. The pro rec comes from the aviation board. In most cases bogey is correct. Sometimes they will make two offers if they really need guys in the second choice designator. But this bit about sending in paperwork for both is nuts. All the stuff you do from now on to wards final select has very little to do with the board to which you refer. The only thing that can happen from here on out that would change anything is if you had an eye problem discovered that NPGed you from pilot. If you want pilot then accept pilot. Even if they found a problem that NPQed you for pilot they would very very likely offer the NFO again in the final select since you had a NFO pro rec.