• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Obligation

borinf2d

T-Bone
I was pro recd awhile ago, and finally sent in my final papers. Am I currently obligated to the Navy? Or am I even obligated when I get an OCS date, or do I have to sign papers before I required to go to ocs? I'm having second thoughts, mostly just nervous.

TSmyth

pilot
If you're going the OCS route, you have no contractual obligation until you actually commission. Commissioning is at the very end of OCS so you'll have plenty of time to find out if it's what you really want to do. If you are BDCP, you may have obligations if you do decide to DOR (drop on request) at OCS.
Somebody like Brett (or any former/current recruiters) will have better info.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
For BDCP, it has a little line in the contract about failure to finish OCS and getting to spend four years as an enlistedman. If this does not happen there could be some issues with repayment of the time prior to OCS.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
For BDCP, it has a little line in the contract about failure to finish OCS and getting to spend four years as an enlistedman. If this does not happen there could be some issues with repayment of the time prior to OCS.

It is two years as an undesignated enlistedmen. My understanding is that you can opt to designate and carry a longer obligation (I believe 4 years).

Recidivist

Dude-
I can't say for sure what you are thinking, but I know I was there. I had a lot of questions for myself and concluded I wasn't joining for the right reason, so I opted out.

Based on my experience here's what I would say to you: Think about this for you, and for you only. Don't read other people's context's into this situation. (Ironic that I am telling you this, isn't it?). If this is what you wanted, think about why, and remember that money doesn't mean shit, a good job is doing what you want.

Oh, and I'm reapplying if that gives you any idea of how well my decision settled with me, and I'm pretty sure that I won't get my SNA spot back, but I have to try.

You can PM me if you want.

KSUFLY

pilot
BDCP...your obligation begins when you sign the papers after your final selection. I think you have two weeks from final select to sign the papers and then you are obligated. Had a friend that decided against it after signing the papers and she's enlisted now.

BackOrdered

Contributor
BDCP...your obligation begins when you sign the papers after your final selection. I think you have two weeks from final select to sign the papers and then you are obligated. Had a friend that decided against it after signing the papers and she's enlisted now.

Wow, any reason why?

KSUFLY

pilot
Wow, any reason why?

She fell in love with another pilot friend and they wanted to run off and get married and I don't think he supported her military career. Knowing her though, she wouldn't have been stellar.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She fell in love with another pilot friend and they wanted to run off and get married and I don't think he supported her military career. Knowing her though, she wouldn't have been stellar.

Now being with her man is a UCMJ violation. Ohh, sweet irony!

Fvcking vaginas.

Brett