• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finding an recruiter

WK Opp

Hey all, I have been trying to get in contact with a recruiter for quite some time now. They seem to not respond but the one guy that does says he's too far away and is trying to get me in contact with someone else. Its like a constant circle of being recommended but no one actually willing to send in a packet. How could I work around this?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all, I have been trying to get in contact with a recruiter for quite some time now. They seem to not respond but the one guy that does says he's too far away and is trying to get me in contact with someone else. Its like a constant circle of being recommended but no one actually willing to send in a packet. How could I work around this?

Have you been following up with the "local" ones with texts, emails, phone calls, etc. or just waiting for them to contact you?

You can try to find other local ones by going on the navy.com website. If all else fails, just work with the "non local" one.

Finally, we're only going off your story and it's possible you're not telling a full picture (not qualified, etc.).

Meyerkord

pilot
I had some issues finding one initially too. The website said the closest one was at the NRD which was over 100 miles away. Called and called, no answers, voicemail full so I couldn’t even leave a message. I ended up just going to the local enlisted recruiting office 10 minutes down the road and asked if they had a phone number for the closest officer recruiter. Turns out the closest one was like 5 minutes from my apartment, just not listed on the website. Worth a shot if you haven’t tried yet

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Yeah, just be sure to be very clear that you need to speak to an officer recruiter and the local recruiting station at a minimum should be able to get you in contact.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
I had some issues finding one initially too. The website said the closest one was at the NRD which was over 100 miles away. Called and called, no answers, voicemail full so I couldn’t even leave a message. I ended up just going to the local enlisted recruiting office 10 minutes down the road and asked if they had a phone number for the closest officer recruiter. Turns out the closest one was like 5 minutes from my apartment, just not listed on the website. Worth a shot if you haven’t tried yet
Did the enlisted recruiters not suggest you go ahead and enlist to improve your chances of getting picked up for a commission? :D

WK Opp

Have you been following up with the "local" ones with texts, emails, phone calls, etc. or just waiting for them to contact you?

You can try to find other local ones by going on the navy.com website. If all else fails, just work with the "non local" one.

Finally, we're only going off your story and it's possible you're not telling a full picture (not qualified, etc.).
Followed up twice a week. The closest officer for officer recruitment is over 200 miles away. Going to reach out to local one for another one not on the official website. Full story, only the first step so not much to cover up.

WK Opp

Ye, I'm going to give them a call and see if thats the case because there's no way Miami doesn't have one.

WK Opp

Did the enlisted recruiters not suggest you go ahead and enlist to improve your chances of getting picked up for a commission? :D
I caved after the first month and went to a Army recruiter and kept being reminded of bonuses