• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fisherman Reels in Live Missile

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Oh snap!

Solomon said he caught a second missile a few days later, but threw that one back.
WTF!? Threw it back?

This dude sounds like some of "Florida's Finest." (insert eyeroll)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
"The other one that I caught, I knew that one was alive because it was brand new," Salomon said. "So it didn't have the gage, it didn't have the gage so I said 'man, all right. You goodbye, see you, hasta la vista baby.'"

This fisherman sounds like a funny dude.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
HAAAAAA!!!! Somebody will post it soon I hope...Shepard Smith of FNC just interviewed the fisherman who hauled it up. Reminded me of when a tornado goes through a trailer park and the press interviews the local rednecks on what it sounded like. This guy also said that a missile landed next to his boat last year - some good fishing in those parts eh? Da Rhasta no afraad of nuting mista Sheppad

Nice job keeping your composure Shep, cause I would have been laughing my ass off!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I loved were the bits where he's talking about fishing in that area and seeing missiles explode above him and crash down around him all the time...Sir, those kinds of things are published. You can actually find out ahead of time if there's a risk of missiles landing on your charter boat.

So you see, kids, that's the beauty of a Warning Area. You can warn these idiots about live-fires all you want - they're not required to stay out, and won't. 'Cuz this is America, dammit, and we got rights!

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I'm glad somebody else mentioned it. These guys on this boat were off. The local news here interviewed them, and they are the areas finest!

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
So they mention that they detonated it on the beach. Uh, wouldn't that mean it exploded? :eek: I guess they were trying to say disarmed.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
So they mention that they detonated it on the beach. Uh, wouldn't that mean it exploded? :eek: I guess they were trying to say disarmed.

Nah, EOD probably just demo'd it. There's a difference.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
reminds me of this guy who also found a very important treasure...

blue%20meteor-745631.jpg

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
I would've wanted a piece of it too. Poor guy, give him an EOD shirt or something. I just survived hauling an unstable missle and all I got was this t-shirt

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So you see, kids, that's the beauty of a Warning Area. You can warn these idiots about live-fires all you want - they're not required to stay out, and won't. 'Cuz this is America, dammit, and we got rights!
Actually, they're not required to stay out because it ISN'T America, and therefore the US Government can't stop them. Somthing about international waters, freedom of the seas, etc. etc. :icon_tong

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, they're not required to stay out because it ISN'T America, and therefore the US Government can't stop them. Somthing about international waters, freedom of the seas, etc. etc. :icon_tong

No shit? Wow...the things you learn..."international" waters, you say?

Yes, I know that. I'm talking about the idiots who believe it's their right to stray into harm's way and take no responsibility for their own safety "because there's no law says l gotta."

Ace_Austin

pilot
Says he threw a second one back!? Musta been a 2.75 Zuni, to small or outa season?
Ahhh... Darwin at work.