• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight contract

jjgates77

I am applying to the ECP program and hopefully going to OCS in January, my package is currently at headquaters Marine Corps getting reviewed. I am trying to get a guaranteed flight contract before I go to OCS but according to the Marine Corps order I am too old I will be 29 and 10 months upon commissioning. I have passed the flight physical and the ASTB test. The order says that you have to be no older than 29, I think that I am more than qualified to fly just because I have been a CH-46 helicopter crew chief for the past 9 1/2 years, I have a private pilots license, instrument license, a masters degree in Aeronautical Science. Unfortunatly even though I have all this I don't think that headquaters will care, they are more concerned about the age. I know for a fact that Marines have gotten a flight contact and have been older than me, is there any one that knows how i can get over this obstacle and who I can talk to?

thull

your recruiter should work with you to get an age waiver, then it's up to the board to decide from what I understand.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
You sound highly qualified. Do the legwork to find out who the bottom line is on the waiver (MCRC...HQMC...NOMI? I really have no idea) and get your COC involved. If they are willing to lay it out there for you you might be surprised how quickly doors can open if the right people start making calls on your behalf. Good luck.

PC