• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett

OK, here is the situation:

I am graduating in May. I am going for an Air contract. I enrolled in an aviation class at the university I am at. Naturally, it costs a lot. I am curious if the Corps will pick up any of the costs associated with this if I am offered a commission (well, an OCS spot) before I am done with the semester?

Perhaps this is a detail, but I am looking to see how big a loan I need to take out in the next few weeks. I have heard conflicting reports, so maybe someone here has first hand experience?

Thanks,
Garrett

confused_pilot

Nope.. heres the way it works.. you get selected and if you dont have any prior time, or you havent made a solo XC, which you won't in AVI101, you will be put into the IFS pool down in P-cola, not sure if its after OCS and/or TBS, I am only sure about the navy side of the house.. but as far as getting the cost of U of I's overpriced archers picked up.. keep dreaming,
btw who is your instructor?

Garrett

Kowalski for ground, Wade for flight.
It happens after OCS. They don't do much before OCS as far as I know. Why waste $$$ on someone who might not make it?
They pick it up for PLC folks I guess. I know they pick some people's up, just didn't know who.

I am actually pretty fond of U of I's fleet. Much nicer than the alternative, thats for sure.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Last I heard, IFS will be completed when you report to Camp Barrett. You report in for TBS, complete IFS, and then pick up with a TBS company.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was working in the office for IFS, I looked at several flightschools across the country for the costs. The U of I was not any higher than everyone else. In fact, in many cases it cost less than what other schools were charging for the same instruction and flight time.

Status
Not open for further replies.