• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

flight guarantee

PCHomerun_4

I don't know much about NROTC, leaning more toward OCS. right now I'm a freshman in college. When getting into NROTC, to you get a flight guarantee right when you get into NROTC or do you have to wait till you get your degree. Basically I'm asking when in NROTC do you automatically have a flight guarantee for flight school.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marine options have the possibility of getting a flight guarantee, but Navy options don't. For the Navy you participate in service selection in the fall of your senior year and the Navy decides if you get your choice (in your case, pilot) based on grades, etc. Bottom line, don't suck.

But if you are going into NROTC you need to be open to the possibility that you might not get aviation. Would you be comfortable driving ships as a SWO? Do you want to be a naval officer leading sailors? If not, you need to consider your priorities.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I know the BDCP program (OCS) offers flight guarantees... you should talk to your nearest Officer Selection Office and discuss your options if you are interested in a guaranteed contract. I have two friends that are doing BDCP right now.

navy09

None
As the Commodore said, the only way to get a "flight guarantee" on the Navy side of the house is to go through OCS (via BDCP, I believe). NROTC's priority is to train Naval Officers. After that, it's all about the needs of the Navy. That's something you should really understand.

If you went to flight school and for some reason were unable to finish, there would be no "guarantees" as to where you would go or do.